We are looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our efforts to expand our product offering and achieve our social mission. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our product, SurveyCTO, is already used by thousands of teams in roughly 165 countries.
For this position, we are looking for somebody to lead our growing quality-control team. A pillar of our growth and a core part of our mission is not just to provide a great product, but also to provide incredible support and service — which requires that our product be absolutely reliable. We hope that this team member will know how to build and guide others to structure an industry-leading test process, build an automated test harness against multiple platforms, and take ownership of the release and escalation processes.
The ideal candidate will have strong prior experience designing, implementing, and managing quality-control efforts for products, websites, and/or software-as-a-service platforms.
- Build and implement industry-leading quality practices, test coverage documentation, and automation test harnesses to help assure that the SurveyCTO product and Dobility’s websites and other technical systems continue to exhibit an industry-leading level of reliability.
- Mentor other quality engineers and developers on testing best practices, ensuring the quality of our code coverage and high level test plans are always improving
- Maintain the release schedule across all environments for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Collaborate with your own team, developers, users, and other technology stakeholders to define and run a defect and escalation process which continuously improves the product
- Monitor the health of each release by checking for crashes and filing/resolving bugs, and subsequently work with your quality team to verify and fix issues
- Help Dobility achieve ambitious product, timeline, and reliability goals!
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years experience in software quality control (Web and/or Mobile).
- 3+ years of experience with frontend and backend automation.
- Clear communicator (in English).
- Desire to mentor and grow your team members, personally and professionally.
- Creative problem-solver, detail and documentation oriented, possessing a love for detective-work
- A track record of quality change management and evolution in other organizations– transforming testing practices and framework paradigms
- Proven strategic understanding of automation tools and frameworks, with hands on ability to implement and maintain automation regression with frameworks like Cypress, Selenium, and Appium.
- Proven experience testing SaaS applications, Web services APIs.
- Experience in testing Mobile Applications is plus
BUT PLEASE NOTE THIS: Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized groups often apply only if they meet every single requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role but don’t meet all of the criteria, please apply anyway. In a cover letter, tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
Dobility offers a competitive salary and benefits. The specific benefits will depend on the applicant’s location and level of prior experience, but may include health insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time off for volunteering, and company match for charitable contributions.
About the organization:
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand
About the product:
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on the web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect over three million survey submissions in roughly 150 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
To apply, please fill out this short online form:
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.