We’re looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our efforts to grow our business and achieve our social mission. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our product, SurveyCTO, has already been used by thousands of teams in roughly 150 countries.
This is a junior administrative role that includes tasks like bookkeeping and arranging travel. But the role comes with significant responsibility, reports directly to the CEO, and requires somebody who will take pride in doing excellent administrative and operational work. Somebody successful in this role will support the entire organization in important ways; he or she will grow with the organization, stepping into an HR or operations director role with growing responsibility over HR, recruitment, accounting, office management, and other core operational needs.
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Assist with accounting and bookkeeping tasks, including monthly close-out procedures and ongoing processing of accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist with recruitment of new full- and part-time staff, including use of freelancer platforms like upWork.
- Support travel planning and logistics for conferences, client visits, etc.
- Perform other clerical, administrative, or office-management work as needed.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Significant post-secondary education (associates degree, significant community college experience, or four-year degree).
- Comfort using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Excel and/or Google Sheets for a variety of spreadsheet tasks.
- Generally good with numbers, compulsively detail-oriented.
- Previous experience in accounting (QuickBooks), HR, and/or operations a plus. Willingness to learn a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fast learner, able to independently problem-solve.
- Takes pride in doing high-quality work.
- Comfort working in a low-structure, fast-paced start-up environment. Experience working in a SaaS company would be a plus.
Salary and benefits:
Dobility offers competitive salary and benefits packages. The specifics will depend on the applicant’s level of prior experience.
About the organization:
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
About the product:
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect over three million survey submissions in over 130 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
To apply, please fill out this online application form.
You will need to provide a resume or CV, and you will be asked some questions about your experience.
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.