We’re excited to introduce the early release of the latest version of SurveyCTO Collect for Android, designed to help your projects adapt, particularly to phone surveys, also known as computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI).
As your needs evolve due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ll continue to offer more flexibility and resources for transitioning away from in-person data collection. We’ve created a CATI starter kit that demonstrates how SurveyCTO can support your telephone interviewing needs. In addition to our recent software update, we’re also releasing a series of rolling product updates to introduce new functionality as quickly as possible. You can get access to the latest, pre-release version of our Android app here, and you can learn more about its features below.
Why should I use this early release version?
You’ll get access to the newest features that aren’t available in the current version of SurveyCTO Collect. If you’re transitioning to phone surveys, using these features will help you more rapidly do so. And even if you’re not conducting phone surveys, you’ll benefit from more powerful data collection possibilities.
What are the features?
With the early release of SurveyCTO Collect 2.70.1, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Record both sides of phone calls during audio audits (recordings of some or all survey administration), and in sensor readings (device sensor readings that capture conversation and sound) for greater insights into how your survey is being conducted and higher levels of quality control (available with Android versions 4.4 up to 7).
- Enable automatic download and installation for dataset and form updates, to smooth workflows for CATI and other case management applications.
- Keep better track of case management activity with indications of the last time the case list was updated.
- Get a full call log of phone call events while forms are being filled, including numbers dialed, call duration, and form activity, for more powerful management of survey administration.
- Record information about the devices being used for data collection, including the Android version and Collect version, for ease with troubleshooting and equipment management.
Please note that this version is only for the Android Collect app and not the iOS app. Refer to the full release notes for more details on these features and required Android OS versions.
How do I install it?
You can directly install this early release version via this public URL (click on “Download the early release version”). This version is not currently available in the Google Play Store. For more information about installation, please read this Support Center article.
How can I share my feedback?
We’ll continue to build rapidly on this new flexibility and release additional updates as needed to meet evolving needs related to telephone interviewing and other alternatives to in-person data collection. Your feedback plays a critical role in helping us do so! Please share any feedback you have by submitting a support request (available to those with paid subscriptions, those who recently switched to community subscriptions, and those developing responses to COVID-19). You can also email us at email@example.com.