Here at SurveyCTO, we don't believe that research teams should have to hire consultants or go through technical gate-keepers in order to design, deploy, and manage their surveys. To that end, we started with a popular open-source platform for data-collection, then set about chipping away at its complexities and streamlining its user interface.
The result is a system built with both accessibility and efficiency in mind:
- Quickly build your survey forms in Microsoft Excel. Download a blank form template, or start with one of our many sample forms.
- Use simple wizards to support field validation and skip patterns. You can use sophisticated expressions to validate fields and define skip patterns. For the most common cases, simple wizards will help you to easily build just the right expressions.
- Deploy new or revised surveys with a simple upload. Upload your Excel forms directly to the server, where they become immediately available to your data-collectors.
- Safely encrypt your data. Generate your own public/private key and start encrypting your data within minutes.
- Download, decrypt, export, and even process new data with just two clicks. The SurveyCTO Client has been streamlined to simplify the daily task of processing new data from the field.
- Mail-merge to Microsoft Word for human scrutiny. SurveyCTO will automatically get you started with mail-merge templates customized to your forms. It will also automatically perform mail merges whenever you export data.
- Painlessly test field validation. You can quickly and easily test your form's field validation from within your browser, without having to laboriously fill out a thousand test forms on your data-collection device.
- Integrate directly with Stata. If you're using Stata for your data analysis, SurveyCTO will export .do file templates that aggregate and process your incoming data. (SurveyCTO also exports .csv files that can be imported by any other statistical software.)
- Access online help when you need it. A wealth of documentation – including tutorials and examples – is available from within the server administration console.
Continue to next product page >>