Here at SurveyCTO, we don't believe that research teams should have to hire consultants or go through technical gate-keepers in order to design, deploy, and manage their surveys. To that end, we started with a popular open-source platform for data-collection, then set about chipping away at its complexities and streamlining its user interface.
The result is a system built with both accessibility and efficiency in mind:
- Quickly build your survey forms with our drag-and-drop form designer, or in Microsoft Excel. Try out one of our many sample forms or jump right in and build your own.
- Painlessly preview and test your forms. You can preview and test your forms right in a web browser, and even use our special tester tool to easily test your form's field validation.
- Revise your forms at will. Even after you've deployed a survey, you can easily make revisions; old and new data is seamlessly merged together.
- Use simple wizards to define field validation and skip patterns. For the most common cases, simple wizards will help you to easily build just the right conditions to constrain responses and define when fields should show. For less common cases, you can specify more sophisticated logic.
- Safely encrypt your data. Generate your own public/private key and start encrypting your data within minutes.
- Publish selected data directly to Google. Configure SurveyCTO to stream some of your data directly into Google Sheets or Google Fusion Tables for monitoring, real-time dashboards, and more.
- Download, decrypt, export, and even process new data with just two clicks. SurveyCTO Sync has been streamlined to simplify the daily task of processing new data from the field.
- Integrate directly with Stata. If you're using Stata for your data analysis, SurveyCTO will export .do file templates that aggregate and process your incoming data. (SurveyCTO also exports .kml files for Google Earth, .xlsx files for Microsoft Excel, or .csv files for any other database or statistical software.)
- Access online help – and support – when you need it. A wealth of samples and documentation is available from within the server administration console. And our support team is here to help whenever you have questions or problems.