We’re looking for passionate, entrepreneurial individuals to help us grow our business. Our product, SurveyCTO, is a mobile data collection platform used by thousands of teams across 165 countries. This position offers the opportunity to grow our global user base and increase our impact around the world.
- Work with the team to create, qualify, and manage a lead pipeline of new accounts
- Provide feedback and recommendations for improvements to the tech stack
- Foster relationships with accounts, move them through the pipeline efficiently, and report progress regularly
- Assist in successfully implementing the business development strategy for target markets–including participating in sales audio/video calls, responses to RFPs, emails, demos, and speaking opportunities–to increase SurveyCTO’s global user base
- Research markets, organizations, and accounts across relevant industries
- Assist in managing the process to document and communicate learning from all business activities and make suggestions for continued improvement
- Network with prospective users and industry experts to drive brand awareness and deepen your understanding of the market
Skills and experience:
- Keen interest in learning and developing skills in business development and sales
- Tech-savvy and high-level of comfort learning new softwares, platforms, and tech
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Track record of taking initiative and working autonomously for success in past projects
- Highly motivated individual with a proclivity for creative problem solving
- Ability to own and manage multiple projects—from assignment to delivery
- Fast learner, able to both independently problem-solve and work collaboratively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Preference for working in a fast-paced start-up environment and being part of a fun, energetic team
- Prior fundraising or business development experience is a plus
BUT PLEASE NOTE THIS: Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, yet women and other marginalized groups often apply only if they meet every single requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role but don’t meet all of the criteria, please apply anyway. In a cover letter, tell us about yourself and what you bring to the table. We’d love to explore whether you could be a great fit.
When you work at SurveyCTO/Dobility, you make an impact
SurveyCTO is the most reliable, secure, and scalable mobile data collection platform for researchers and professionals working in offline settings.
At Dobility (creators of SurveyCTO) we’re dedicated to a social mission: to promote better research and analysis in the world by providing affordable, reliable technology that anyone can use.
Leading organizations in 165+ countries already use SurveyCTO, including the World Bank Group, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others.
SurveyCTO facilitates important research, studies, and policies that impact people’s lives
When you work on for a product like SurveyCTO, you get the unique opportunity to work at the intersection of technology and social impact. We may not be on the ground doing field research, but we’re able to facilitate this important work by ensuring global data practitioners are using the best mobile data collection product for their work. We saw this so clearly during COVID-19, when SurveyCTO was used for a variety of pandemic-related studies, to adapt projects for safety, and create new projects to adapt to the dynamic situation.
These are the principles that guide our work and the growth of our product:
- Data security. SurveyCTO is SOC 2 Type 1 certified, and best practices in data security are baked into the product.
- Data quality. Data collection should be transparent and carefully monitored. Quality assurance features, quality checks, and review workflows are built into the platform.
- Usability and flexibility. Researchers and enumerators use SurveyCTO online, offline, on the web, tablets, or mobile devices. We strive to make the UI robust in functionality, but simple enough to use, so anyone — from researchers to M&E to field teams — can use the powerful platform.
- Reliability and support. Our users deserve a product that works reliably, and to get the help they need. We provide 24/7 support to make sure that SurveyCTO creates as little stress as possible (and generally reduces stress).
We’re in an exciting moment of scaling and growth. As we scale the company, we’re able to scale our impact.
We’re a team for fast learners, independent problem solvers, and people who want to make a big impact
When you join our team, you get the opportunity to help amplify the impact we’re making on the world of research and data collection.
Here’s what existing team members love about working at Dobility:
- You get to own projects from start to finish: from making suggestions, to executing, to evaluating
- The passion of each team member: everyone is driven by the social mission, and driven by personal growth
- The opportunity for growth, autonomy, ownership, and the ability to directly contribute
- We’re growing and actively investing in our growth and scaling — it’s an exciting time to be part of this company
- Our users deeply appreciate the technology we’re creating and improving. Every update we push responds directly to the needs of our users (and they’re always thrilled!).
Most of our team members have spent time in the field, so we know firsthand the kinds of challenges SurveyCTO users overcome on a daily basis. We’ve founded data collection consultancies in South Africa, led data collection process improvement for programs in Mongolia, and evaluated impacts of microfinance in South India.
We’ve experienced the frustrations and challenges associated with collecting large amounts of data, which is why we’re so excited about the product’s current and future capabilities.
Dobility employees receive a competitive salary and benefits package
- a 401k match
- healthcare insurance
- generous PTO
- paid time off for volunteering
- company matched donations to charitable organizations
- a flexible work schedule accommodating different time zones and working styles
This is a full-time, fully remote position
We’re accepting candidates from nearly any location, reporting to the NYC office.
If this all sounds good, apply for Business Innovation Coordinator
To apply, please fill out the application:
Please include a resume and cover letter. Make sure to send each of the required documents, or your application will not be considered.
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.