We’re looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our efforts to grow our business. Our product, SurveyCTO, is a mobile data collection platform used by thousands of teams across 165 countries. This position offers the opportunity to play a critical role in writing marketing communications–from start to finish.
Candidates should be experienced writing professionals interested in having a hands-on role in growing our customer base among global research, social, and public sector organizations. Individuals with proven success in creating written marketing materials and meticulous attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
This position is based in the Washington, D.C. metro area (preference), NYC, Boston, or New Hampshire. The role is currently remote.
- Create written marketing material for the company website, blog posts, campaigns, paid advertisements, social media, and unique engagement opportunities
- Write, edit, and proofread all copy for marketing purposes
- Coordinate the design and image assets for marketing campaigns, activities, and the website
- Track ROI of marketing campaigns, website changes, paid advertisements, and unique engagement opportunities
- Manage the process and tools — WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics — for internal and external distribution of marketing materials
Ideal candidate profile:
- Superior writing, copy-editing, and proofreading skills
- Results-oriented individual that uses data to drive all decisions
- Hands-on experience with tools such as WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and Google Ads
- Ability to own and manage multiple projects — from assignment to delivery
- Fast learner, able to both independently problem-solve and work collaboratively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Obsessive about doing high-quality work
- Preference for working in a fast-paced start-up environment and being part of a fun, energetic team
Location and hours:
This is a full-time position. We have a preference for candidates based in the Washington, DC, metro area but are open to candidates in Boston, New York City, and New Hampshire.
Salary and benefits:
Dobility offers competitive salary and benefits packages. Benefits include a 401k match, healthcare insurance, generous PTO, paid time off for volunteering, company matched donations, and a flexible work schedule.
About the organization:
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, trained in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, data quality features, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
About the product:
SurveyCTO is the most reliable, secure, and scalable mobile data collection platform for researchers and professionals working in offline settings. It can be used online or offline, on the web, tablets, or mobile phones. Traditionally and often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents, also known as Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI). Since the COVID-19 global pandemic has made in-person interviewing and direct observation less safe, SurveyCTO is also being used for phone surveying, or Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviews (CATI). The platform protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel.
SurveyCTO has been used in roughly 165 countries by thousands of organizations such as the World Bank Group, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
To apply, please fill out this short online form:
You will need to provide a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples.
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.