As the impact of COVID-19 grows, we here at Dobility recognize the considerable challenges that many of our users are facing. We’re committed to helping them adapt and still deliver on their projects by immediately facilitating the transition from in-person data collection to alternative methods (such as computer-assisted telephone interviewing or CATI) and rapidly making new capabilities and platform flexibility available.
It’s impossible to overstate our appreciation of all of our users, colleagues, and the entire global community of practitioners who are working tirelessly to collect data that informs high-impact policy and programming across the world. Below is our commitment to them:
- We’re helping users immediately transition to using SurveyCTO for CATI applications.
- We’ve developed and continue to develop expanded functionality and resources for CATI-related needs, as well as for adapting projects in other ways.
- We’re offering expanded service and subscription flexibility for those affected by COVID-19-related disruptions and free support and subscriptions to those directly involved in COVID-19-related efforts.
- We’re engaging broadly to understand how user needs are evolving. Tell us how we can help here.
- We’re ensuring that SurveyCTO continues to perform at the highest levels of reliability and quality.
Helping projects adapt to new realities
As the ability to collect data in-person becomes more restricted, users are exploring how they can collect data in alternative ways, with many considering a shift to CATI. Fortunately, SurveyCTO has often been used for CATI applications, and we’re helping users transition their instruments, workflows, training, and other technical investments. Our CATI starter kit includes set-up guidance, sample forms and workflows, and support for our “dialer” plug-in that launches the phone dialer application on Android devices and populates it with a phone number, ready to be called by the user. We’ve hosted an office hours session with our founder and CEO for anyone with questions about CATI applications, and we’ll continue to offer resources to help users adapt their projects to CATI and other data collection methods.
We also released a software update that considerably expands platform flexibility and options for securely sharing data. This includes the freedom to create field plug-ins that can fully control the appearance and functionality of questions in survey forms, as well as the ability to securely and conveniently share real-time data with anyone, anywhere. We plan to build rapidly on the new flexibility and release additional updates as needed to meet evolving needs.
Engaging with our users
We’re engaging broadly to better understand how needs are changing and how we can help respond to them. Whether you currently use SurveyCTO or not, we’re asking that you tell us what features, resources, and support you believe to be mission-critical (e.g., toolkits, sample forms and workflows, discussion forums). And we’re asking that you share this information urgently. Please tell us how we can help in this brief form.
Offering expanded service and subscription flexibility
We’re pleased to offer the following terms for expanded SurveyCTO service and subscription flexibility. This policy will be in effect from March 30, 2020 to May 31, 2020, and we’ll modify it as the needs of our users evolve.
If you’re a current or new user deploying SurveyCTO in the fight against COVID-19, we’re offering free support and subscriptions at the usage limits you need. Share the details of your project with us at email@example.com so we can help you get up and running.
We recognize that the pandemic has disrupted funding, procurement, and other work arrangements. For users experiencing such challenges, we’re offering the flexibility to “pause” paid subscriptions by switching them to community subscriptions with the following features that support work continuity:
- Expanded usage allowances of 500 forms (up from 10 forms) and 4 GB of storage (up from 200 MB).
- 24×7 access to our expert support team for three contacts per team, which was previously only available for paid subscriptions.
Step-by-step guidance on how to switch subscription levels can be found here.
We’re also offering extended data retention and more flexible account management in the following ways:
- Retention of all data and forms for 180 days after subscription closure, except for servers with data processing agreements (DPAs). If you have a DPA, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
- Extension of all invoice payment grace periods to 60 days.
- Full refunds within 30 days for credit card payments.
For more information on any of these changes, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Ensuring continuity while promoting health and safety
Our utmost priority is to protect the health and safety of our global staff, and by extension, the communities in which they live and work. Therefore, we’ve suspended business travel and fully transitioned to working from home. We’re also continuing to be agile as the recommended protocols for responding to this pandemic affect other aspects of our lives and routines.
Despite these challenging circumstances, however, we can assure that we’ll continue to offer high-quality and reliable product performance and support. Per company practice, our teams are accustomed to working remotely, and they are standing by to help our users in any way possible.