Note: This post references an early version of SurveyCTO Collect for Android which is now available from the Google Play Store. Please see this blog post to learn more and download the latest version here.
Early responses to the COVID-19 pandemic have focused on describing the clinical course of the disease and treating the sick. As the pandemic evolves, the availability of robust epidemiological and clinical data is critical to inform future decision-making and allocate health resources appropriately.
In this webinar, we turn things over to Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah Hospital, which has the unique position of treating everyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in Kuwait. They share valuable lessons from their efforts to determine infection risk factors and outcomes, which included using SurveyCTO to conduct a retrospective study of patient data from electronic medical records and a series of follow-up phone surveys on discharged patients.
Here are some examples of what we discussed:
- Collecting epidemiological and clinical data related to the incidence of COVID-19.
- Deploying phone surveys to capture COVID-19-related data, such as the recurrence of symptoms, transmission, and self-isolation precautions.
- Protecting the safety of team members and training them on new digital methods of data collection.
- Presentation slide deck
- Characteristics, risk factors and outcomes among the first consecutive 1096 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Kuwait research paper published in The Lancet
- SurveyCTO’s CATI starter kit
- The latest version of SurveyCTO Collect
This webinar was brought to you by the Safe People + Data Initiative, led by Dobility, the makers of SurveyCTO, to provide methodologies and resources for safer data collection, in response to new challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and the growing need for safety-focused innovation. Join the initiative’s mailing list to receive updates on new events and resources.
New to SurveyCTO? Sign up for a free trial today to explore the platform. During the 15-day trial, you’ll have access to the entire platform.