Faced with COVID-19 restrictions, IDinsight, a global research and data analytics organization that helps development leaders maximize their social impact, turned to phone surveys to collect actionable data for policymakers. They’ve been deploying phone surveys to inform COVID-19 responses, testing approaches for adapting in-person surveys, and building systems and strategies to implement phone surveys at scale. From their recent work conducting large-scale phone surveys in India and Kenya, they’ve achieved higher response rates than the average, successfully receiving phone survey responses from 60% of their sample with low refusal rates.
In this webinar, experts from IDinsight share their tips on protocols and systems for boosting phone survey response rates. Here are some examples of what we discussed:
- Callback protocols on the timing and frequency of survey phone calls, as well as the operations of administering those protocols.
- Lessons learned on messaging respondents before conducting surveys, building rapport over the phone, and reaching specific types of respondents (e.g., pregnant women).
- Building trackers to manage protocols that are integrated with SurveyCTO and other tools, such as Google Sheets and Python.
To learn more about IDinsight’s large-scale phone surveys, check out this series of articles on their blog. You can also explore these articles for IDinsight’s suggestions on how to maximize the value of phone surveys.
- Presentation slide deck
- How to maximize phone surveys for remote data collection
- 3 steps to designing an effective phone survey that reaches respondents
- How to hire and train a phone survey team
- How to ensure productivity and data quality for a phone survey at scale
- Reflections on reaching women over the phone in rural India
- I just called to say I want to interview you (consent and building rapport)
- Taking a Call: Considerations for Informed Consent for Phone Surveys during COVID-19
- SurveyCTO’s CATI starter kit
- SurveyCTO web form interface translation
This webinar was brought to you by the Safe People + Data Initiative, led by Dobility, the makers of SurveyCTO, to provide methodologies and resources for safer data collection, in response to new challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and the growing need for safety-focused innovation. Join the initiative’s mailing list to receive updates on new events and resources.
New to SurveyCTO? Sign up for a free trial today to explore the platform. During the 15-day trial, you’ll have access to the entire platform.